Toolbar from Search website is categorized as web browser hijacking virus that has the ability to escape from the usual antivirus programs that run on the computer. It has the potential to access any data or information on the computer without the consent of the user. The worst part is that the user will never recognize this until something very bad happens to the computer system. Search Here Toolbar usually comes along with harmful and malicious software that come as free software.
It is better to have this toolbar removed from the computer in order to ensure safe browsing. Read on to know the instructions on how to remove Search Here toolbar from the computer.
- Go to the desktop and from the lower left corner of the desktop, click on the Start
- From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, double click on Add\Remove Programs.
- This will open another window with a list of programs and software installed in the computer.
- Search for the Search Here toolbar from the list and select the same. Click on the Uninstall button to the top of the list.
- Next, a prompt message would pop-up asking you to confirm. Click on Yes or Continue.
- Next, you will have to follow a number of on screen instructions in order to complete the process.
- Look if there are any more toolbar or software associated with Search Here.com. If there are any, remove them as well.
- When you complete removing, restart the computer.
The next set of instructions will detail the manual procedure for how to remove Search Here toolbar.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the keys Ctrl+Alt+Del on the keyboard.
- In case this does not open the Task Manager, click on the Start button, choose Run. This opens a small Run dialogue box, type in as taskmgr and then hit Enter.
- From the Task Manager, you have to look for the process labeled Search Here in the list. Choose the same and then click on the End Process button, which would stop the process of the Search Here program.
- Search for files C:\ WINDOWS\ assembly\ KYH_64\ Desktop.ini, C:\ Windows\ assembly\ KYH_32\ Desktop.ini and C:\ WINDOWS\ system32\ giner.exe and Delete
In case you have other toolbars that you don’t use either, it is better to have them removed from the computer. This will ensure the safety of the computer along with improving its performance.