Outlook is an email client application included in the Microsoft Office productivity suite. It is used by thousands of users for various purposes such as emailing, calendar sharing, task management, etc.
Microsoft Outlook is used by both enterprise users and home users. Users can configure their IMAP/POP email accounts or local server based accounts in Outlook. One of the best sides of Outlook is that it allows you to configure multiple email accounts in it. Not only that, you can make the application sort your emails by accounts and deliver them in separate folders in Outlook as well. Well, if you are wondering how to set up Outlook for emailing, here is the step-by-step directions for the same. Here, we will see how to configure multiple email accounts in Outlook.
- Launch Outlook and navigate to the Mail
- Choose Tools from the resulting menu, followed by Options.
- In the context menu, click the tab labeled Mail Setup. After that, select the button that says E-mail accounts. When the Email Accounts screen opens, you will find that the tab titled Email is selected already. Move to the left side of the screen and choose New from the resulting menu.
- Select the type of email account you are trying to configure in Outlook. You have multiple options to choose here: IMAP, POP3, HTTP, and Microsoft Exchange. Choose the appropriate email account type and click on the Next button to proceed.
- A new window will open now where you are required to fill in with login details, account details, and Server Details. If you don’t know them, contact your email service provider for the same.
- After getting the information, fill in each field carefully. Remember that any mistake committed in these fields would make your account unusable. Once you are done, click on the Next button to proceed.
- Once the information you provided are verified successfully, you will receive a confirmation message. You can begin to send or receive emails now.
- Now, to create another email account, go back to the Mail page and click on the New Repeat the above steps. Gather the details about the new email account and fill in the information in the respective fields.
That was how to set up Outlook with multiple email accounts. If you need further assistance with the same, contact our tech support team for help.