As we all know, Outlook is one of the most popular email client used worldwide to send and receive emails with attachments. The simplicity of its user interface has made Outlook preferable over many other email programs. One advantage of using Outlook is that it allows synchronizing its email facility with other email services and this gives more options to the user. The Qwest email can be used synced with the latest version of Outlook and this feature gives enhanced email experience.
Synching Outlook email with Qwest makes it easy and allows fast access to view all the incoming email on the desktop. This also avoids the need to login into your Qwest account every time to check your email messages. The business and personal email service is made simpler and saves time.
If you wish to configure these two email services and enjoy advanced mail facility, you can do it by bringing some basic Outlook setting. The detail steps involved in the setting are shared below.
Steps to Follow
- Double-click on the Microsoft Outlook 2007 icon on your computer to start the program.
- Click on the Tools button on the top of the Outlook screen and select Account Settings. Click the Email tab and select New option. Also, click on the Internet Email button and select Next.
- Locate and click on the box labeled Manually Configure Server Settings and select the Next button to go to the next
- In the field spaces labeled Name and Email, enter your correct Qwest account information.
- In the Account Type option, select POP3 and for the incoming mail, enter pop3.live.com. For the outgoing mail, enter smtp.live.com.
- You will see the option to enter your Qweat email and password in the next step. Enter the respective information in the spaces provided and click on More Settings tab. This will take you to the next step of customization.
- Click on the Outgoing Server button to open the window and check off the box beside your outgoing mail requires authentication if it is checked.
- Once you are done with the selection, click OK. Click the Next button when you see Add New Email Account and end the Outlook setting by clicking Finish.
If you encounter any issue while following these steps or do not help, you can contact the Outlook support executives for the assistance. You can find contact details on Microsoft’s official website.