As we all know, Outlook is an email client program that is installed in an individual PC and cannot be accessed online. This means, if you purchase a new computer, you will have to install the program again in it. In this situation, the emails present in the program on the other computer will not be present in the newly installed program. However, according to Outlook help desk, you can move the emails to the newly installed program by copying the PST file to the new computer.
Keep in mind that the PST file is the Outlook data file where all the Outlook data is stored. Therefore, moving the Outlook data file will help you to move the emails to the new computer. However, this still does not move the account settings. That is, the information associated with the servers used, login credentials etc. will still be in the other program.
Now, these settings can be moved to the newly installed program with a few steps. Even though this process is not as simple as moving the Outlook data file, you may give it a try if you do not wish to enter all the settings manually in the program.
If you are planning to move the POP accounts from Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2013, then follow the steps below.
- In the computer where Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 is installed, open the Run window from the Start menu.
- Type Regedit and click the button OK.
- The above step will open the registry editor window. Go to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Windows Messaging Subsystem \Profiles\. Choose the profile that you wish to import to the new program and right click it. Choose the option Export and select a location.
- In the computer with Outlook 2013 program, right click on the exported file and choose the option Edit.
- Replace the first line of the notepad with HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Windows Messaging Subsystem \Profiles \Outlook.
- In the second line, copy and paste HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Office \15.0 \Outlook \Profiles \outlook
- Choose the option Replace all.
- Restart the Outlook program and you will find that all the POP accounts have been transferred.
We hope that the above mentioned steps have helped you to transfer POP accounts to the Outlook email client. If you have any queries on the above-mentioned steps, you may contact the Outlook help desk or contact our technical support team for assistance.