Configuring Outlook setting to merge Clearwire e-mail with MS Outlook
Clearwire is surely one of the best internet service providers that we have today. Among several of its user-friendly features, the most prominent one is the Clearwire e-mail account, which is solely available for Clearwire users. Have you ever wanted to configure the Outlook setting of your MS Outlook to receive e-mails on your desktop? Then, you’ve knocked at the right door, as here we’ll assist you to appropriate your Outlook setting to merge your Clearwire account with MS Outlook.
Before we start with the procedure to configure your Outlook setting to merge with Clearwire, please ensure that you’ve got the details of your Clearwire e-mail account handy.
How to configure Clearwire e-mail with MS Outlook?
- The first step in appropriating your Outlook setting is to open your MS Outlook.
- Go to “Tools” menu and select “Accounts”.
- Initiate the configuring procedure of your MS Outlook by clicking on “Add”.
- Select the option “Mail”, whereby a new window will pop up.
- Enter the name corresponding to the e-mail account in the textbox and click on “Next”.
- In the next window, enter your full e-mail address and press “Next”.
- Continue making changes to your Outlook setting by selecting “POP3” as the server type.
- Comply with the following format to specify the names of your incoming and outgoing servers:
- Click on “Next”.
- After having configured your Outlook setting with the relevant Clearwire addresses, enter your username and password in the specified textboxes and then click on “Finish”.
By performing the above procedure, you’re sure to have configured your Outlook setting to merge your Clearwire account with MS Outlook.
In the unlikely event that you’re unable to effect the relevant changes to your Outlook setting, please contact the Outlook support team.
Outlook Setting Configuration for Comcast Email
Comcast is the largest home internet service provider in US which offers email client service. Your Comcast email can be synched with Outlook for better management. Adjusting the Outlook setting can configure this email program with Comcast email.
How to Configure Outlook setting for Comcast e-mail in Microsoft Outlook?
Comcast email server is a POP3 incoming and SMTP outgoing protocols for receiving and sending emails. This makes Outlook setting configuration easier. The following is the Outlook setting
procedure for configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 with Comcast.
- From Outlook setting configuration, take the Tools menu and click on E-mail Accounts.
- Click on Add a new e-mail account and proceed.
- Select POP3, and navigate to the next step.
- In the User Information window provide the following details:
(a) Give your full name in the Your Name box.
(b) In the E-mail Address box, type your Comcast e-mail user name.
- Under Server Information provide the exact credentials:
a) In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, give mail.comcast.net.
b) In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, give smtp.comcast.net.
- Under Logon Information,
- Give your user name provided by Comcast in the User Name box.
- Type your password in the Password field.
- Check the Remember password box.
- Test the connection by clicking Test Account Settings. If any errors happen in the credentials when changing the Outlook setting, the test may fail. Double-check for accuracy.
Forethought while configuring Comcast email
Some points have to be noted while setting up your Comcast email account.
- While adjusting the Outlook setting, all the server and address entries should be in lower case.
- While configuring the Outlook setting, make sure that you do not tick the Log on using Secure Password Authentication box.
- Opt for My Outgoing Server (SMPT) requires authentication from the Outgoing Server. Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
These precautionary steps will help you configure the Outlook setting for Comcast.