Configure the Outlook Setting to merge AOL Mail with MS Outlook
Most of us could hardly manage our correspondences and work schedules without MS Outlook. As you might be well aware, Outlook is an email client program, that lets you organize multiple email accounts from a single platform. The configuration procedure is dependent on the email protocol, which could be POP3, SMTP or IMAP. Here, the Outlook help team gives you a comprehensive account on how to configure the Outlook setting for merging AOL email with MS Outlook.
Before we start off, it’s worth understanding that, AOL email relies on a proprietary system that includes the IMAP protocol, and requires authentication to access and transfer email messages.
Configuring AOL on Outlook 2007
The following steps are in order for configuring your AOL email account on Outlook 2007:
- Begin by opening your Outlook 2007 program. Select “Account Settings” from the “Tools” tab, whereby the “Account Settings” window shall be launched. Click on “Email”, followed by “New” to open the “Add New Email Account” window.
- You may now select the option “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP” and enter the required information. Checkmark the option “Manually configure server settings or other server types” at the bottom of the window.
- Click on “Next” to open the window “Choose Email Service”. Choose “Internet Email”; move to the “Server Option” section and select IMAP from the list. Select “More Settings”, followed by “Outgoing Server“, and checkmark the options “My server requires authentication” and “Use same settings as my incoming server”.
- Select “Advanced” and change the default port number for Outgoing Mail from 25 to 587. Click on “OK” and then “Finish”.
Configuring AOL on Outlook 2003
The following steps are in order for configuring the Outlook setting to merge your AOL email account with Outlook 2003:
- Open Outlook 2003 and select “Email Accounts” from the “Tools” tab, followed by “Add a New Email Account”.
- Choose IMAP as the protocol, and enter all the required information such as your AOL email address, user name, and password.
- Enter the incoming and outgoing mail server information as “imap.aol.com” and “smtp.aol.com” respectively.
- Select “More Settings“, followed by “Outgoing Server“, and then checkmark the options “My server requires authentication” as well as “Use same settings as my incoming server”.
- Click on “OK”, followed by “Next” and “Finish” to wind up the procedure.
Well, that’s it! You’ve successfully configured the Outlook setting to merge your AOL email account with MS Outlook.
For any further assistance, feel free to get in touch with Outlook help.
Configure Appropriate Outlook Setting for AOL Mail with Microsoft Outlook 2003
It is always a good idea to keep track of multiple as well as individual email accounts separately. This can be quite a lengthy process. It does not give any assurance that you shall receive and be able to read very important messages. Owing to this reason, most users opt to configure individual email accounts in order to run through as well as display in an email management program like Outlook. The process that is employed in order to set up an email account in order to work with Microsoft Outlook 2003 is dependent upon the email protocol. This could be POP3, SMTP or IMAP. AOL email services make use of a proprietary system including the IMAP protocol. This needs authentication in order to access as well as transfer email messages. Follow the procedure given below in order to configure the appropriate Outlook setting for AOL with Microsoft Outlook 2003.
Procedure to configure Appropriate Outlook Setting for AOL Mail with Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Initiate this procedure by opening MS Outlook from within the “Tools” tab which is on the Outlook main menu. It is then required that you select “Email Accounts” as well as “Add A New Email Account.”
- Proceed to select IMAP as the protocol to be used and then give the required information that includes your name as well as your AOL email address, username and password. Enter incoming as well as outgoing mail server information.
- You are expected to click the “More Settings” button followed by the “Outgoing Server” tab. Check the appropriate box in order to select the “My
server requires authentication” option as well as another check in the “Use same settings as my incoming server.”
- Change the default port number for outgoing Mail from 25 to 587as soon as you select the “Advanced” tab.
- Click “OK” followed by “Next” and “Finish.” Once that is done, you will have successfully configured the appropriate Outlook setting for AOL with Microsoft Outlook 2003.
The information contained in this article constitutes all the help you need in order to configure the appropriate setting for AOL mail with Microsoft Outlook 2003. Feel free to contact the Outlook help center in case you need technical assistance. Also visit the corresponding website if you feel that the information contained in this article does not suffice.