Outlook Express problems making it difficult for you to read your e-mails
Outlook Express users generally complain that they are unable to access their email messages or read them properly. These Outlook Express problems occur due to a number of reasons.
Problems with the internet connection and security settings are maybe the most common cause for these problems. No matter what the reason for the Outlook Express problems, here’s how you can solve them.
Check your internet connection and say good bye to the Outlook Express problems
Making sure that your internet connection is fine, as a faulty internet connection can lead to Outlook Express problems. Sometimes, time-out messages appear when you’re online, which means that you cannot access your e-mails. To increase the time allowed to download your e-mails before timing out, open
the ‘Active Directory Properties’ window by clicking on ‘Properties’ of the ‘Accounts’ option. Push the ‘Advanced’ tab and drag the ‘Search Timeout’ slider to the right. This increases the download time that eventually solves the Outlook Express problems.
Check your account settings to fix the Outlook Express problems
When you fail to access your e-mail messages, check for any incorrect account settings, which may be the cause of such issues. Navigate to ‘Active Directory Properties’ after selecting ‘Properties’ from ‘Accounts’ in the ‘Tools’ menu. Now, check the settings against your ISP settings on the ‘Servers’, ‘Connections’ and ‘Advanced’ fields. To put an end to the Outlook Express problems, contact your ISP to check whether the servers are operating correctly. Also get information on whether they support PPP, SMTP, POP3 or IMAP protocols.
Not being able to read your e-mails in Outlook Express definitely a cause for concern. But when you have such simple tips and troubleshooting steps, why worry about the Outlook Express problems?
Fix your Outlook Express problems that display the error code ‘Error 0x800420CB’
If you’re desperate for help to get rid of the error code ‘0x800420CB’, then you’ve come to the right place. This article is going to educate you on why this particular error occurs and what can be done to resolve such Outlook Express problems.
What causes such Outlook Express problems?
You’ll end up with these Outlook Express problems if you’ve got identical accounts that have got different names and when your Outlook.dbx file is corrupted. So fixing these Outlook Express problems involves you removing such duplicate accounts and fixing that corrupted Outlook.dbx file of yours.
Fix these Outlook Express problems by following these instructions
Let’s start off with chucking out those duplicate email accounts.
- Begin by clicking on ‘Tools’ from the Outlook Express toolbar, then selecting ‘Accounts’. In the next window, click on the ‘Mail’ tab to continue.
- You’ll see the list of email accounts that’s installed on your system. Over here, you’ll be able to see which accounts have been duplicated, so all you have to do over here is delete such duplicate accounts.
- Once you’re done with this, close the ‘Properties’ window.
If the above guidelines did not fix your Outlook Express problems, then try these guidelines.
- Close the Outlook Express program and then launch the ‘Windows Search’ feature from your Start menu.
- In the ‘Search’ field, type in ‘Outlook.dbx’ and then click on the button labeled ‘Search’.
- Once Windows finds this file, all you have to do is right click this file and select the ‘Delete’ option from the dropdown menu.
- Now, launch Outlook Express again and your Outlook Express problems should be resolved.
Well, wasn’t that just a walk in the park! These guidelines are not only simple, but they’re really effective against such Outlook Express problems. So, follow them whenever you face such Outlook Express problems in the future.